Monday, January 10, 2011

Double delight Monday! Part 1

I've decided to make my double delight monday in 2 posts (reason being the portugese egg tarts are still cooling and I have no idea if they are good or bad).... So here it goes. I actually skipped going to the gym today to be able to make the two dishes because I wont be able to make anything for the next week because I'll be quite busy. Plus, living alone kinda drains all life out of you with housework.... and I HATE A MESSY HOUSE!

Anyways, I actually made some chewy chocolate brownies in the morning and ended the day with making some portugese egg tarts in the afternoon. If I failed making the chocolate brownies, I think I would be such a loser. But it did turn out VERY yummy! I love it! =)

yummy, chewy and sweet
This recipe is actually copied from a site that I really love. She has 3 kids and still has lots of time to make recipes! RESPECT!  ( http://homekreation-recipes.blogspot.com/2010/11/chewy-brownies.html )

Ingredients:
115g of butter
115g of chocolate
1.5cup of sugar
2tsp of vanilla essence
2 large eggs
128g of plain flour
2 tbsp of cocoa powder

Steps:
1) Line an 8 inch tin with some baking paper.
2) Melt the butter and chocolate in seperate pans. Cool slightly then combine the two ingredients. Then add the sugar and vanilla essence. Blend in eggs one at a time and then lastly, add the plain flour and cocoa powder.
3) Preheat oven to 180celcius and pour the mixture into the baking tin. Heat in oven for 35-45 mins. If you prefer chewier, cook it for less time. Use a toothpick to check the consistency. You want the toothpick to come out a little dirty

Thats it folks! Easy recipe to make and so delicious too! Kudo's to Roz for her lovely blog. Everyone should have a look at the hundreds of recipes she has! Look forward to Part 2 soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment