Saturday, December 25, 2010

Summer Berry Trifle

Welcome back if you're a reader here.. This week we had our 'xmas eve luncheon' over at work and it was like a pot-luck/bring-your-own-dish sort of thing. IT was great that everyone attended the occasion and we had the unfortunate luck of losing one of our great part-time staff because she is now a qualified nurse. Well done to her and all the best of luck! There was LOTS of food that was brought in... reckon I gained at least 1kg after that day. So much for going to the gym eh. Moving on....

I ended up making a trifle for the occasion because I had no idea what else to make besides the fact that my co-workers are not used to eating malaysian recipes. Doesnt look too good in my photo.. I think I put too little of each ingredient in it. Oh well.. tastes good still. Had a few praises here and there so its all good!

Ingredients 
1 x 85g pkt Aeroplane quick-set strawberry & raspberry jelly crystals
14 bought jam rollettes, cut into 1cm-thick slices
80ml of apple juice or sweet sherry
250g of strawberries
300g of blueberries
2 cups of Pauls premium vanilla custard
1 cup of thickened cream, whipped


Steps
1) Prepare the jelly according to the packet and refridgerate till set.
2) Place half the rollettes in the base of a 3L (12-cup) capacity serving bowl. Drizzle half the apple juice or sherry over the rollettes. Top with half the jelly and one-third of the combined strawberries and blueberries.
3) Spoon over half the custard. Repeat with the remaining rollettes, apple juice or sherry, jelly and half the remaining strawberries and blueberries. Top with the remaining custard.
4) Spoon the cream over the trifle and top with the remaining strawberries and blueberries. Place in the fridge until required.

(All credits go to taste.com.au ( http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/14667/summer+berry+trifle ))

All in all, a pretty succesful and easy dish if you ask me.

'who says leftovers cant look good'
 
Also, a special thanks to be mentioned about my friends that have shown concern for me over my latest 'incident'. Thank you! I know that I have always tried my best but if things are not meant to be, they are just not meant to be. I have put in the effort.... but there seems to be no response from their part... oh well. Life moves on =). I swear people should really trust me more..I am the most trustworthy person out there. SERIOUSLY!

Anyways, HAPPY XMAS TO ALL! Hope you all have a merry merry christmas with friends, family and loved ones. Too bad loved ones dont apply for me but merry all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment